The Twin Falls School District serves a 97 square mile area in Twin Falls County. The school district contracts with an outside company to provide transportation services to students who qualify for this service. Generally, students who live more than 1.5 miles from their school are eligible to ride the bus. In addition, the TFSD provides safety bussing for students who would have to cross busy or unsafe streets (as defined by Idaho Code) in order to reach their school.
Some bus routes have changed since the beginning of the school year. Please see the drop down menus below to see if your school’s routes were changed.
Please remember that every Monday is a collaboration day for teachers. School bus drop off times after school will be an hour earlier than those listed below every Monday.
Pillar Falls Elementary School
Dory will no longer be operating a route for Pillar Falls Elementary School. Student previously riding Dory will now be riding Eagle or Saturn in the AM and Saturn or Jafar in the PM.
Rock Creek Elementary School
Gus will no longer be operating a route for Rock Creek Elementary School. Student previously riding Gus will now be riding Freedom or Pluto in the AM and Freedom or Simbain the PM.
Sawtooth Elementary School
Thor will no longer be operating a route for Sawtooth Elementary School. Student previously riding Thor will now be riding Ranger.
O'Leary Middle School
Dory will no longer be operating a route for O’Leary Middle School. Student previously riding Dory will now be riding R2D2 in the AM and Eagle or Saturn in the PM.
Robert Stuart Middle School
Gus will no longer be operating a route for Robert Stuart Middle School. Student previously riding Gus will now be riding Ploto.
Twin Falls High School
Mulan will no longer be operating a route for Twin Falls High School. Student previously riding Mulan will now be riding Thor.
To find out where the nearest bus stop is, please call Mid-Columbia Bus Company at 208-733-8003
Mid-Columbia Bus Company
Student Bus Riding Rules and Regulations
- Students must follow the driver’s directions, promptly and courteously.
- Students are to remain seated at all times while keeping the aisle way and stairwell clear and keep all body parts inside the bus, e.g. arms, legs, head, this is to include the passing of objects through the window
- Bullying/Harassment/Sexual Harassment WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS WILL BE GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION.
- Student behavior is expected to be the same on the bus as in the classroom. THE SCHOOL BUS IS AN EXTENSION OF THE CLASSROOM.
- Students are prohibited from doing/bringing the following objects on the school bus:
- Use of Camera
- Illegal Drugs
- Food/Chewing Gum
- Glass Containers/Objects
- Large objects that may pose safety risks or barriers to entry/exit from the bus
- Students are NOT to vandalize the bus. Vandalism will result in immediate suspension and or expulsion, vandalism charges, along with student or parent/guardian will be responsible for the cost of repair.
- Bus stop protocol is as follows:
- Students are to arrive 5 minutes before scheduled pick up time
- Students required to cross the street to load/unload bus MUST do so in front of the bus
- Students must wait for the signal from the driver to cross the street
- Students must wait off the roadway, a minimum of 12 feet, in a safe location at the designated stop
- Students are not to disrupt or vandalize any property around the bus stop
- Students are to keep their hands to themselves at ALL TIMES, this is to include at the bus stop, on the school bus, and at school.
- Failure to follow bus rules may result in the student losing his/her bus riding privileges.
- The above rules apply ANY time a student boards the bus, e.g., home-to-school routes, activity routes, field trips, etc.
- Rider eligibility:
- The student must be registered to ride a specific bus; only in rarest of circumstances may a student be allowed to ride another bus.
- Students may ride to Day Care Centers only after their parents have first completed the necessary forms
Printable Bus Rules and Regulations
Printable Bus Rules and Regulations (Spanish)
School Zones for all Schools