The Twin Falls School District serves a 97 square mile area in Twin Falls County. The school district contracts with an outside company to provide transportation services to students who qualify for this service. Generally, students who live more than 1.5 miles from their school are eligible to ride the bus. In addition, the TFSD provides safety bussing for students who would have to cross busy or unsafe streets (as defined by Idaho Code) in order to reach their school.
Please register for bus service if you plan to have your student ride the bus during the 2022-23 school year.
We are pleased to be able to provide you with our new Traversa Ride 360 app. Traversa Ride 360 provides secure access to student bus routing information.
You can download the Traversa Ride 360 app from the Apple App store or the Google Play store for free. When you download the app, you will need to select the Twin Falls School District. The Ride 360 app requires two pieces of information to connect to your student, your student’s ID number and your student’s school of attendance, both of which can be found in PowerSchool.
If you need assistance accessing this information in PowerSchool, please contact your students’ school.
Mid-Columbia Bus Company
Student Bus Riding Rules and Regulations
- Students must follow the driver’s directions, promptly and courteously.
- Students are to remain seated at all times while keeping the aisle way and stairwell clear and keep all body parts inside the bus, e.g. arms, legs, head, this is to include the passing of objects through the window
- Bullying/Harassment/Sexual Harassment WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS WILL BE GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION.
- Student behavior is expected to be the same on the bus as in the classroom. THE SCHOOL BUS IS AN EXTENSION OF THE CLASSROOM.
- Students are prohibited from doing/bringing the following objects on the school bus:
- Use of Camera
- Illegal Drugs
- Food/Chewing Gum
- Glass Containers/Objects
- Large objects that may pose safety risks or barriers to entry/exit from the bus
- Students are NOT to vandalize the bus. Vandalism will result in immediate suspension and or expulsion, vandalism charges, along with student or parent/guardian will be responsible for the cost of repair.
- Bus stop protocol is as follows:
- Students are to arrive 5 minutes before scheduled pick up time
- Students required to cross the street to load/unload bus MUST do so in front of the bus
- Students must wait for the signal from the driver to cross the street
- Students must wait off the roadway, a minimum of 12 feet, in a safe location at the designated stop
- Students are not to disrupt or vandalize any property around the bus stop
- Students are to keep their hands to themselves at ALL TIMES, this is to include at the bus stop, on the school bus, and at school.
- Failure to follow bus rules may result in the student losing his/her bus riding privileges.
- The above rules apply ANY time a student boards the bus, e.g., home-to-school routes, activity routes, field trips, etc.
- Rider eligibility:
- The student must be registered to ride a specific bus; only in rarest of circumstances may a student be allowed to ride another bus.
- Students may ride to Day Care Centers only after their parents have first completed the necessary forms