The Twin Falls School District serves a 97 square mile area in Twin Falls County. The school district contracts with an outside company to provide transportation services to students who qualify for this service. Generally, students who live more than 1.5 miles from their school are eligible to ride the bus. In addition, the TFSD provides safety bussing for students who would have to cross busy or unsafe streets (as defined by Idaho Code) in order to reach their school.
In order to create effective bus routes, it is important for the bus company to understand what services are needed for each student each year. If you are planning to utilize the bus you must register for this service. Click on the button below to fill out a short form that will provide the bus company with the information they need.
To find out where the nearest bus stop is, please call Mid-Columbia Bus Company at 208-733-8003
Mid-Columbia Bus Company
Student Bus Riding Rules and Regulations
- Students must follow the driver’s directions, promptly and courteously.
- Students are to remain seated at all times while keeping the aisle way and stairwell clear and keep all body parts inside the bus, e.g. arms, legs, head, this is to include the passing of objects through the window
- Bullying/Harassment/Sexual Harassment WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS WILL BE GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION.
- Student behavior is expected to be the same on the bus as in the classroom. THE SCHOOL BUS IS AN EXTENSION OF THE CLASSROOM.
- Students are prohibited from doing/bringing the following objects on the school bus:
- Use of Camera
- Illegal Drugs
- Food/Chewing Gum
- Glass Containers/Objects
- Large objects that may pose safety risks or barriers to entry/exit from the bus
- Students are NOT to vandalize the bus. Vandalism will result in immediate suspension and or expulsion, vandalism charges, along with student or parent/guardian will be responsible for the cost of repair.
- Bus stop protocol is as follows:
- Students are to arrive 5 minutes before scheduled pick up time
- Students required to cross the street to load/unload bus MUST do so in front of the bus
- Students must wait for the signal from the driver to cross the street
- Students must wait off the roadway, a minimum of 12 feet, in a safe location at the designated stop
- Students are not to disrupt or vandalize any property around the bus stop
- Students are to keep their hands to themselves at ALL TIMES, this is to include at the bus stop, on the school bus, and at school.
- Failure to follow bus rules may result in the student losing his/her bus riding privileges.
- The above rules apply ANY time a student boards the bus, e.g., home-to-school routes, activity routes, field trips, etc.
- Rider eligibility:
- The student must be registered to ride a specific bus; only in rarest of circumstances may a student be allowed to ride another bus.
- Students may ride to Day Care Centers only after their parents have first completed the necessary forms