Enrolling Your Student

Who must attend school in Idaho?

Idaho law requires that all resident children between the ages of seven and 16 must attend school.  In this district, a resident child refers to a child whose parent or legal guardian has a home located within the boundaries of the Twin Falls School District.

How old does my child have to be to start school?

Children entering kindergarten must be five years old on or by September 1 of the year they are enrolling. Children entering first grade must be six years old on or before September 1 of the year they are enrolling. This is a state guideline and as such, we cannot enroll students before they reach these important ages.

What School will my child attend?

Each school has a designated attendance zone. The primary residence (address) of the child’s parent or legal guardian determines which school the student will attend. You may contact the district office at 733-6900 for the name and address of the school your child will attend or you may check the school zones map located on this website

What documents must I have in order to register my child?

Please bring proof of residency when you register your child. This can be a utility bill, rental contract, or mortgage papers.

Idaho State law requires that parents must present the following documents in order to register any child in public school:

  • Certified birth certificate. If a copy is unavailable at the time of registration, the parent/legal guardian may have up to 30 days to submit the document to the school.
  • Records of immunizations: Please see the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare’s Guide to Immunizations for information about which immunizations are required for school enrollment.
    • EXEMPTIONS: While immunization records are required for school enrollment, Idaho law (IC 39-4802) allows a parent/guardian to claim an exemption from immunization requirements for their child for medical, religious, or other reasons. All exemptions must be made in writing; parents/guardians may submit a signed statement or complete an immunization exemption form if they do not wish to have their child immunized. A medical exemption requires the signature of a licensed physician and certification that the child has a medical condition that prevents them from receiving required vaccinations. Please see the Guide to Immunizations on this page for information from the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare about what immunizations are required.
  • Transcripts and records regarding education and/or special services placement are helpful. If you have not already transferred your child’s records, you may sign a record transfer request at the time of registration.
  • If your child has attended school in another system in Idaho, all Idaho laws must be followed as they pertain to registration, including birth certificates, immunization documents, age requirements, and legal guardianship.
  • In all registration proceedings, legal guardians, other than parents, must provide certified proof of guardianship.
  • Parents of potential first-grade students (students who have attended kindergarten in another state, yet are underage for first-grade attendance in Idaho) must provide documentation from the child’s previous school stating that the child has successfully completed 450 hours of approved kindergarten instruction.

What forms will I be asked to sign when I register my child?

Some of the district-wide registration forms have been provided on this page and may be provided at the time of registration. Your child’s school may have additional forms for you to complete. This may include rules and discipline policy, field trip waivers, school handouts, and emergency contacts. Please check with the school secretary if you have questions or need more information.

  • The Twin Falls School District provides access to computers and the internet. All students and parents must read the policy and sign a Student Computer Use Agreement before students will be allowed to use computer equipment. If your child cannot read and/or sign the form, the parent will be allowed to sign in their place.  
  • Throughout the course of the school year, the media may be in our schools or at school-sanctioned events to cover activities. Often, they are present at our request to showcase students and teachers engaged in exciting educational activities or to cover “human interest” stories. In addition, the TFSD utilizes social media and websites to help spread news and information about the district. We often use pictures of our students to illustrate these avenues of communication so that they are more engaging.We understand, however, that some parents have concerns about their child’s participation and/or identification for media coverage.  On the right-hand side of this page, you will wind the annual Family Education Rights and Privacy Act Notice (FERPA) and an opt-out form. The notice goes into detail about how student information can be used and the opt-out form will allow you (or your student if over 18) to opt-out of different levels of information release including involvement in media stories. 

Looking for information about our Open Enrollment Policy and Transfer Request Form? 

Didn't find what you are looking for? Here are some other topics that might be helpful.

This form is NOT for returning students who are already enrolled in a TFSD school. If you have a returning student, please contact your students school directly to confirm enrollment.


School Zones

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [896.92 KB]

Mid Columbia Bus Co. Bus parked.

Looking for transportation information? Visit our transportation page to learn about student transportation in the TFSD.